New Faculty/Staff and Students
(freshman, transfer, or re-entry ) must activate their network account for
first time use.
- Students can activate their account the day after
they have registered for classes. Students can NOT activate their
account prior to registering for classes at UWSP.
- Faculty/Staff can activate their account upon
notification from their Department.
Until the account is activated you will not be able to access any UWSP
network resources, including myPoint and email.
You will need the following information to activate your account:
- Your UWSP ID number
- Your social security number
- Your birth date
During the activation process:
- Your unique UWSP logon ID will be displayed for you. Please
remember your logon ID.
- You will create your network password. Your password
must meet the following rules as outlined below. Please remember
- You will be required to submit answers to 5 identification
questions. The answers you provide are stored by the system and
can be used to "help" yourself if there is a problem with your account.
In order to "help" yourself you must have access to the Internet and
your answers must match what is stored in the system.
- Your password must NOT contain any part of your logon name
- Your password must NOT contain your first or last name
- Your password must be at least 12 characters long
- Your password MUST contain characters from
three of the following four "classes":
- uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric special characters (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &, etc.).
- You cannot use the same password as you used before (the system
remembers your last 12).
- Capitalization matters. Remember if you use upper or lower
case. (mypoint.uwsp.edu, OWA and other web services are CASE
After successfully completing the activation process you can log on to
UWSP computing resources using your logon ID and the password you set for
To activate you UWSP account click on Activate My Account below.
ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT
Questions? Contact the Help Desk
Local: (715) 346-4357
Toll Free: 1-877-832-8977