New Students (first year, transfer, or re-entry) and Faculty/Staff must activate their UWSP network
account before they can use computing services like campus computers, email, myPoint or Office 365.
- Students should activate their UWSP network account as soon as they are admitted to UWSP. Once their account is active,
they will use it to complete the UWSP registration process and they will have access to a subset of UWSP computing services including UWSP email,
accesSPoint and Office 365. Once students complete the registration process, their account will be updated so they can use all UWSP computing
services including campus computers, email, myPoint, Office 365, on-line library resources and Lynda.com.
- Faculty/Staff should activate their accounts as soon as their department notifies them that their network account is ready.
After Faculty/Staff activate their account, they will have access to all UWSP computing services including campus computers, email, myPoint,
Office 365, on-line library resources and Lynda.com.
You will need the following information to activate your account:
- Your UWSP ID number
- Your social security number
- Your birth date
During the activation process:
- Your unique UWSP logon ID will be displayed for you. After activation, please
remember your logon name you will need it to access any UWSP computer resource!
- Student logon names are typically the first letter of your first name followed by the first 4 letters of your last name followed by the
last 3 digits of your student ID number followed by @uwsp.edu. (Example Stevie Pointer, 11254111 = firstname.lastname@example.org). In a few cases, characters
in Student logon names are changed from this pattern to insure a unique logon names.
- Faculty/Staff logon names are typically the first letter of your login name followed by the first 7 letters of your last name followed by @uwsp.edu.
In a few cases, characters in Faculty/Staff logon names are changed from this pattern to insure a unique logon names.
- You will create your network password. Your password
must meet the following rules as outlined below. After activation, please remember
your password you will need it access any UWSP computer resource!
- You will be asked to answer 5 identification
questions. The answers you provide are stored by the system and used in the password reset process if there is a problem with your account.
In order to reset your password, you must have access to the Internet and you must provide answers that match the answers stored in the system.
(Hints: Simple answers are best. The answers are case-sensitive, so remember the capitalization and punctuation you use in your answers.)
- Your password must NOT contain any part of your logon name
- Your password must NOT contain your first or last name
- Your password must be at least 12 characters long
- Your password MUST contain characters from
three of the following four character types:
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric special characters (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &, etc.).
- Passwords are case sensitive, so capitalization matters. Remember if you use upper or lower case.
(Hint: UWSP web services like accesSPoint, mypoint.uwsp.edu, OWA and others are CasE sENSiTIVE.)
Once you activate your account, you will have 30 days to enable multifactor authentication on it. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the UWSP MFA webpage. Enabling multifactor authentication is an important security step, and we strongly encourage you to do it right away. Failing to do this will result in this account being denied access to network resources or disabled.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the UWSP IT Service Desk.
To activate your UWSP account click on "Activate My Account" below.
ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT
Questions? Contact the UWSP Service Desk
Local: (715) 346-4357
Toll Free: 1-877-832-8977